Minimum Standards for Active Coaches- Core Guidance for Coaches
This document outlines the core standards that you need to know and meet as a coach. They include recommendations across the following five areas:
- minimum age
- appropriate qualifications
- appropriate insurance cover
- safeguarding children and vulnerable groups
- policies and procedures.
Why are These Important?
As an active coach, it is important for you to meet the core standards.
Here are just a few reasons why:
- to ensure you have the right level of qualification, knowledge and skills for your coaching role
- to safeguard you and the participants you coach
- to ensure you have the right level of insurance
- to improve the coaching opportunities you can access.